South Florida Real Estate News:
- Report: S. Fla. home prices rise in June as recovery continues
Home prices in South Florida and across the nation increased in June, offering more hope that the housing market is recovering from the six-year bust.
- Citizens insurance: Nearly 300 Isaac-related claims so far
As of mid-day Monday, Citizens Property Insurance Corp. said it has received nearly 300 Isaac-related claims statewide, most in Broward and Palm Beach counties.
- AC manufacturer expands to Sunrise
A North Miami Beach air conditioning manufacturer has quadrupled its headquarters by moving to Sunrise in a deal that underscores the recent boom for industrial real estate across South Florida.
- Make these three queries before picking an agent
Prices are up and the number of homes for sale down — finally an ideal scenario for sellers who have struggled through the housing collapse for the past six years.
- Online foreclosure auctions canceled Monday
Online foreclosure auctions in Palm Beach and Miami-Dade counties have been canceled Monday because of Tropical Storm Isaac. County offices are closed.
- Throngs of Floridians attempt to refinance
State applications jump compared to last year Florida is among the nation’s leaders in the refinancing boom.
- Ask a real estate pro: Don’t take no for an answer on short sales
Board-certified real estate attorney Gary M. Singer writes about the housing market in this space each Friday. To ask him a question about short sales, mortgages, refinancing, homeowner’s associations or any other residential real estate topic, click here .
- Mortgage interest rates climb for 4th week in row
Average interest rates on 15- and 30-year fixed rate mortgages both jumped this week for the fourth week in a row, Freddie Mac reported Thursday.
- South Floridians underwater by $43 billion, Zillow.com says
Although the housing market is improving, more than 412,000 homes in Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade counties remain underwater by a combined $43 billion, Zillow.com says.
- July home prices increase in Broward, Palm Beach counties
South Florida’s housing recovery continued in July as home prices and sales increased from a year ago, local Realtor boards said Wednesday.
- South Florida one of nation’s most financially distressed areas
South Florida’s economy is improving but it still is one of the most financially distressed urban areas in the country, a new survey reported Wednesday.
- Short sales to be easier under new plan, housing agency says
Struggling homeowners could find it easier to get lender approval for short sales under a plan announced Tuesday by the Federal Housing Finance Agency:
- Tower 101 office complex sells for $28.7 million
A Miami-based investment firm has paid $28.7 million for the Tower 101 office complex in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- Small-town standouts: Weston, Coral Springs
Weston and Coral Springs were two of three Florida cities to make Money magazine’s list of top 100 small towns in America. .
- Bank of America, other lenders see fewer mortgage delinquencies
Mortgage lenders in South Florida report seeing fewer borrowers in danger of losing their homes to foreclosure.